Tuesday, June 2, 2009

I like my chances of succeeding.

If one's life is dictated, in large part, by chance -- well, then maybe I can to some degree manipulate chance. Like when I met my true love 19 months ago. Just chance maybe. A whole bunch of coincidences coming together. Our paths finally crossed. Now it's up to us to decide what to do about it. For instance, we can both go our own ways. And part company. Or we can cultivate a nice relationship. Yes, a loving relationship. I guess I've decided that I don't want to bungle this opportunity. This chance. At this point, I'm taking it one day at a time. Trying to make the most of every day. Because our lives are still dictated to some degree by chance. I can more easily control today than I can the future. So, I'm trying to fully live in the now. Because the more I project into the future, the less control I have. Anyway, I like my chances of succeeding. Today. --Jim Broede

No comments: