Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Maybe god doesn't know.

I'm an optimist. Because it seems to me that in life I've been in the right place at the right time far more than I've been in the wrong place at the wrong time. Sure, things occasionally go awry. In rather big ways. But still, I've survived 73 years, and counting. An example of being in the wrong place, I suppose, would be for anyone aboard the Air France flight from Brazil to Paris. I can imagine the horror of that experience. And I lament for the passengers. But I get on with my life because these sad and cataclysmic events are totally out of my control. I'm a mere human being. Not god. It must be awful being god. The ultimate manipulator. Presumably able to effect and control everything. But then, maybe not. Maybe god has chosen to leave everything to chance. Maybe god doesn't know what's gonna happen next. --Jim Broede

No comments: