Saturday, June 20, 2009

I'd rather be a cool & loving cat.

I recommend writing a journal or a blog or a diary. Whatever you want to call it. Makes one sit down and reflect. On what's on one's mind. To see it in writing. In print. Seems to give it more substance. I can later go back to it. And remind myself what I was thinking. Not so long ago. Or long ago, for that matter. It's too easy to forget one's thoughts. To just file the thought away. And it becomes lost. Also, I share much of what I write and have on my mind. And I get helpful advice. Or criticism. It's all good. Because that gets me to think in broader terms. With an open mind. Albeit, I also receive stupid, and even mean-spirited comments. But that's all right, too. Some of the stuff makes me laugh. I hardly ever become angry any more. Because I've learned that anger is counter-productive. I know that occasionally some of my comments alienate people. And opens me to criticism. But hey, if someone becomes alienated or angry, that's really his/her problem. We have choices. We can dictate our own reactions. That's why I don't become angry. I'd rather be a cool and loving cat. --Jim Broede

No comments: