Sunday, June 21, 2009

On discipline.

I discipline myself. In two ways in particular. On a daily basis. I exercise. Physically. Usually by walking, jogging or running. I also exercise mentally. By writing. Often, I don't know what I'm going to write. I just sit down at my computer, and write. Whatever's on my mind. And if nothing is on my mind, I force myself to think. To bring something into my consciousness. Usually, it's a loving thought. Because I'm in love. That makes it easy. Anyway, this is a wonderful way to live. Another thing. I exercise my mouth. I talk. If nobody is around, I talk to myself. Out loud. But often, I talk to my cats. Loverboy and Chenuska. They seem to understand me. I understrand them, too. Also, my mouth spends a goodly amount of time chewing. Food. I like food. But I eat in moderation. Because I like to look good. I don't wanna be fat. I'd rather be svelte. Another reason to get plenty of aerobic exercise. And when it comes to eating, I dine mostly on salads, fish, chicken, vegetables, fruit. And I give thought to becoming a vegetarian. Maybe someday. I don't watch much television. When I do, it's mostly news programs. Especially those with liberal slants. I also listen to music. Mostly classical. But a blend of other kinds, too. And I'm always reading a book or two or three. And, oh yes, I have a blog. Called broodings. And I try to post something. Daily. --Jim Broede

No comments: