Monday, June 15, 2009

My forever: A life of love.

Give me time. Free time. Time to do what I want. If I have time, I'll make my own opportunities. I'll put the time to good use. Even if I don't have much money to spend, I can always find cheap or free things to do. Fortunately, I lived long enough to retire. That gave me more time. More freedom. I know people who have time. But they're bored. They don't know what to do with themselves. Sad, isn't it? I have time to love. Time for pleasure. Time to live. Time to think. Time to write. Time to experience a gamut of wonderful emotions. But nothing feels nicer than being in love. That offsets all the pitfalls of life. I suppose I'm blessed. Because I don't know how not to be in love. If I'm not in love with someone, I'm in love with something. With nature. With the written word. With consciousness. But the nicest love is to be in love with someone. Oh, that's ecstasy. Anyway, come to think of it. I've probably been in love forever. For my whole life. Yes, that's my forever. A life of love. From beginning to end. --Jim Broede

No comments: