Tuesday, June 16, 2009

An exuberantly happy being.

Imagination. That may be my most prized possession. It's the last thing I'd want to lose. Because my imagination opens boundless possibilities. Helps me be creative. Helps me feel alive. Oh, it takes skills to be creative. Physical and mental skills. But without imagination, it would all go for naught. I'd be a robot if I didn't have an imagination. I suspect it's imagination, too, that brings one closest to god. God, the creator, must have first imagined everything he created. Without imagination, there would be no god. There would be no creation. There would be nothing. The same goes for love. One has to imagine love. And then implement it. In so very many ways. I have discovered limitless ways to love. Through my imagination. But then I implement love. Through concrete actions. That's my art form. As a writer, I've recently specialized in love letters. It's just one of those boundless ways to express love. I've learned to express love physically, mentally, spiritually, soulfully, emotionally. Every which way. Because I've allowed my imagination to run rampant. Maybe I'm not yet the perfect lover. Maybe never will be. But by golly, if I spend forever imagining and learning the intricacies of love, I'll be an exuberantly happy being. --Jim Broede

No comments: