Tuesday, June 16, 2009

...makes life a pleasure.

I don't fret too much over what's happening in the world. Because there ain't much I can do about it. Wouldn't matter whether I was alive or dead. It's gonna happen anyway. So, why lose sleep over it? Maybe I have influence over a handful of people. Real close friends. Or acquaintances. So that's where I put my efforts. Yes, I have my little niche. A cocoon, of sorts. I happen to be in love. And that, more than anything, gives meaning to my life. That's my primary focus. Of course, I like to think. About lots of things. World events, included. Even though I have no power to reshape the world, I at least take advantage of opportunities to express my opinions. Often, in writing. Like in this blog. Maybe I'm a lone voice in the wilderness. Virtually nobody around to hear. But still, this outlet gives me satisfaction. Some degree of pleasure. A sense of being free. Also, it puts me on record. Shows, I suppose, that I care about something. Even the stuff over which I have no control. But now and then, I find other souls wandering in the wilderness. And we connect. That makes life a pleasure. --Jim Broede

No comments: