Monday, July 13, 2009

An endless array of choices.

I'm thinking about perfection. And that there is no such thing. I can't write the perfect story. Nor can I make perfect love. And I can never have perfect understanding of life. But that's all right. I don't ever want to achieve perfection. Because there are a million ways to write a story, or to make love or to understand life. That's what makes life so interesting. So dynamic. No perfectly right way. I can search for perfection. But I know darn well I'll never find it. But still, that doesn't disappoint me. I'd have to be god to be perfect. And I have no desire to be god. At least not at the moment. But then again, maybe god isn't perfect. The more I think about it, the more I think that it would be horrible to be perfect. Because then there would be only one way to do things. The perfect way. One would have no choice. One would only be allowed to live perfectly. I'd rather enjoy imperfection. Because that gives me an endless array of choices. --Jim Broede

No comments: