Wednesday, July 8, 2009

In Minnesota, we elect all kinds.

I love it. I love it. The fact that comedian/satirist Al Franken has been elected to the U.S. Senate. Yes, in the state where I live. In Minnesota. Makes me proud to be a Minnesotan. Over the years, Franken has lambasted Republicans and conservatives. With very funny stuff. Some Republicans are shocked that Franken was elected. That makes me happy. I like to see shocked Republicans. Anyway, we Minnesotans are full of surprises. A few years ago, we elected wrestler Jesse Ventura governor. That shook up both Republicans and Democrats. Because Ventura is an independent. Of course, we Minnesotans do shameful things, too. In my congressional district, I'm ashamed to say our representative is Michelle Bachmann. She's a comedian, too. Without really knowing it. Her schtick is to act dumb. Downright stupid. Fancies herself a Republican. --Jim Broede

No comments: