Friday, August 28, 2009

...all the realms of love.

I like being alive and conscious. It feels so good. Just being aware. Able to think. To ponder. To enjoy the moment. Even when I had a bad cold several weeks ago, I still relished the thought of existence. Knowing I'd get better. Always have. Even in moments of sadness, I was able to call up fond memories. And I look forward to each day. Because I never have a totally bad day. Always something meaningful to salvage. For instance, I like to write. To transcribe my thoughts. Gives me a sense of being creative. Of cultivating a craft. Maybe even an art. I never dreamed I would be able to do this when I was a 5-year-old kindergartner. I still wasn't fully conscious, fully aware. That's not to say that I am now. But certainly, moreso than I used to be. I wasn't born with a sense of love. That I've cultivated. I needed time for that. Still do. I'd like to have forever. So that I could explore all the realms of love. --Jim Broede

No comments: