Thursday, August 27, 2009

In boundless ways.

I have a tendency to do things to excess. For instance, today I lit two scented candles. In the living room and the kitchen. And I mentioned to a friend that I was considering lighting more candles. In every room of the house. She cautioned against that. That I would be doing something to excess again. Like collecting thousands of books and thousands of cassette tapes and thousands of compact discs. Ad infinitum. I think she makes a good point. One can do too many things to excess. To one's detriment. Too much of even a so-called good thing can be a bad thing. Look at some of the winners of lotteries. They suddenly found themselves so rich that they didn't know what to do with it all. And that made them unhappy. Of course, there's still one thing I like in excess. Love. I like to give it. And receive it. In boundless ways. --Jim Broede

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Be careful you might start some clutter on fire