Saturday, September 5, 2009

...a blessed life.

If I'm Barack Obama, I'm enjoying every day. Just knowing that I'm president of the United States. That's satisfaction in itself. Achieving this lofty status. And being a black man. Wow! I'm just gonna let things happen. And deal with issues the best I can. I'm not gonna say that I have to accomplish this or that. Instead, I'll just let things evolve. Naturally. And with my deft touch, too. Imagine getting this far in life, I'd tell myself. Oh, I'll work for health care reform. And I'll act presidential. But in the long run, I can effect only so much change. Because there are forces around me over which I have no or limited control. I sometimes wonder how I got this far. With my background and my upbringing and my circumstances, it's been an unlikely scenario. But hey, now that I'm here, I'll embrace it. And go with the flow. And let's just see where it takes us. I figure I've come this far with the help of a divine guiding hand. And I'll just trust that I'm leading a blessed life. --Jim Broede

No comments: