Thursday, September 17, 2009

I do it anyway.

One thing I like about life. The fact that I can choose between right and wrong. Of course, I can't always be sure what's right or wrong. But that doesn't stop me from making choices. If it turns out that I'm wrong -- well, I try to make it right. I'm just feeling my way. I've also discovered that often there's no clear-cut answer. What's right for me, for instance, may be wrong for the next guy or gal. Sometimes, I'm lectured on what I'm supposed to do. Or, hey, maybe I do the lecturing. But generally, I don't try to foist my way on others. I follow a live-and-let-live policy. But that doesn't keep me from voicing my opinions. Just for the heck of it. Because I believe in freedom of speech. Freedom of expression. Often, I like to poke fun at other people. Especially the ones that take themselves seriously. They can be comical. Now, I'm not sure whether that's right or wrong. But I do it anyway. --Jim Broede

No comments: