Friday, September 25, 2009

I know how it feels.

Usually, it's other teams that inflict pain on my Chicago Cubs. By giving the Cubs heartbreaking losses. But last night, the tables turned. The Cubs were trailing 2-1 to the San Francisco Giants with two outs and two strikes on the hitter in the 9th inning and it looked like another certain loss for the Cubs. And that would put the Giants within striking distance of a play-off berth. Instead, the Cubs hit a two-run homer and won the game in dramatic fashion. A very disheartening loss for Frisco. So the Cubs, who are going nowhere, became spoilers and inflicted pain on Giants fans. Kind of sad, isn't it? I know how it feels. After all, I'm a life-long fan of the cursed perennial losing Cubs. --Jim Broede

1 comment:

Broede's Broodings said...

My gawd, the Cubs are looking good lately. Now that they're out of play-off contention. I suppose that takes the pressure off. And one can play more relaxed. And they are playing younger players, too. Players with more desire, more zest. Yes, attitude makes a difference in almost any pursuit. Baseball included. --Jim