Thursday, September 24, 2009

A love letter...every night.

I'm an idealist when it comes to romance. But in the realm of politics, I'm a cynic. Every night, I write a love letter. Maybe two or three some nights. All to the same woman. I love to express love in meaningful ways. Idealistic ways. But you won't find me writing many letters to politicians. Usually, it's an utter waste of time. Take my congressman, for instance. Michelle Bachmann. She's on the lunatic fringe of the Republican Party. I'm not gonna sway her. She's not gonna sway me. Actually, I won't sway many politicians. Especially those in Washington. Because for the most part they are beholden to the big corporate interests and the lobbyists. After all, these people finance their campaigns. Money talks. Money influences. I can write idealistic letters to politicians. But for the most part, it's a waste. That makes me a political cynic. But hey, at least I'm a romantic idealist. I'm gonna sit down and write a love letter tonight. Every night. --Jim Broede

10 comments:

Broede's Broodings said...

Isn't it nice to feel good about something? I'm always able to do that. --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

Have some of you noticed? I like to have fun with you. --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

I'll bet that some of you wished you had a love letter waiting for you every morning when you got up. Yes, a perfect way to start a day. --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

A few of you sound like you've never received a love letter. That's sad. --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

It's also sad if you've never written a love letter. --Jim

Anonymous said...

I have a nice, warm body waiting for me every morning. You must be censoring your fan mail.
Anon2

Broede's Broodings said...

It's nice when couples exchange love letters with each other even when they are married and living together. It adds to the romance. --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

And yes, we do censor inappropriate mail here. That's our policy. And why we screen the mail. --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

I wonder if a love letter is an art form. It really can be much like a poem. --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

I am blessed because I am in love with far more than a nice, warm body. Yes, think about the true essence of love. --Jim