Thursday, September 24, 2009

Is that asking too much?

Maybe I'm too impulsive. In saying what's on my mind. But that's the nature of my broodings. My nature, really. I dare. I take chances. I think out loud. And let it go. Even if that makes me a fool. I do it all the time. Not only in my blog. But in my daily contact with friends. And acquintances. And strangers. Anyone, I suppose. That gives me a sense of freedom. Even honesty. Yes, I allow myself to be wrong. But I try to learn. From my many, many mistakes. Incredible, isn't it? I can't ever get through a full day without making mistakes. I've already experienced about 27,000 days, and counting. And still I have yet to live an error-free day. I guess I want to live forever so I have time to correct my wrongs. Is that asking too much? --Jim Broede

2 comments:

Broede's Broodings said...

Let's see now. I've lived for 27,000 days. And I've made at least one mistake a day. But really, I'd say I average no less than 5 mistakes a day. So that adds up to 133,000 mistakes. Incredible, isn't it? But I suspect I'm less mistake-prone than some diehard Republicans. I'll bet they make twice as many mistakes as me. If they have lived 74 years, too, that makes for something in the range of 270,000 lifetime blunders. Of course, I try to convert my mistakes into learning experiences. That's why I'm a liberal, a free-thinker and a lover. And not a Republican. --Jim Broede

Broede's Broodings said...

I suppose there's a difference between big mistakes and little mistakes. I think I make mostly little mistakes. The worst kind of mistake is one that cannot be corrected. But still, if one learns from it, maybe it's no longer a bona fide mistake. --Jim