Friday, September 18, 2009

Makes me wonder.

I suppose what I'm doing is creating my own reality. When I sit down and write, for instance. I'm creating thought. Often, a chain of thought. I don't know what I'm going to be thinking next. I haven't thought it out ahead of time. I'm unable to get ahead of myself. I'm always in the now. Never in the future. Crazy. But that fascinates me. Just being able to think. That's my creation. Thought. Some degree of self-awareness. And of the world around me. And how I connect to it. The way I have connected to people. Positively fascinating. I wouldn't have been able to think like this when I was 5 or 10 or 15 years old. It's easier for me to think when I write, when I record my thoughts. Because then I can see the flow. If I just think this while I'm out walking, it doesn't get recorded. And much of it slips away. Possibly forever. Thoughts are so elusive. So many of 'em. It's hard to keep track of every thought. Impossible. But by writing, I can see what I was thinking a year ago. Sometimes, I read those thoughts. And they seem the thoughts of a stranger. Makes me wonder if I've changed that much. --Jim Broede

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

In truth, your not actually creating your own reality without thinking ahead. Everything here is a re-run. Looking back thru this blog its the same ole same ole. You have never moved past a few topic's. Its sad you feel that this connects you to the world. I guess its quite possible you live in a stagnate pond.

Broede's Broodings said...

Welcome. You must like it if you keep coming back to a stagnate pond. But I generally head for fast-flowing mountain streams. I like babbling brooks in the wilderness, too. Come with me some day. I'll teach you the joy of fast-flow and my kind of babble. It can be energizing and funny and peaceful. --Jim

Anonymous said...

No Sir I live like a flowing river. Rapids, white water flowing. You couldn't teach anyone anything. They would be fast asleep with you repeating yourself over and over and over and............
You wouldn't be able to keep up

Broede's Broodings said...

I like to spend the bulk of my time learning rather than teaching. You might try it. --Jim