Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Might as well enjoy it.

What would I change in my life? I'm not sure if I'd change anything. I like the idea of just letting life happen. One day at a time. Gives me a sense of adventure. Not knowing what's gonna come. Maybe it's that I'm learning to live one day at a time. And to appreciate life. No matter what. Because much of life one cannot change. Like my younger brother Bruce. He died yesterday. Coincidentally, on his birthday. He fell in the bathroom. Hit his head. And that was adios. Bruce had been in ill health for years. One thing after another. But he survived it all. Only to die accidentally. Ironic, isn't it? But that's life. My Jeanne died. In January 2007. Of Alzheimer's. We had been married 38 years. But hey, I'm alive and well (as far as I know) and in love. Might as well enjoy it. --Jim Broede

No comments: