Wednesday, September 30, 2009

With the Cubs, I live and die.

I've lived in Minnesota since 1965. Yes, a long time. But still, I'm no ardent fan of Minnesota's professional sports teams, such as the Minnesota Twins and the Minnesota Vikings. Odd as it may seem, often I am pulling for them to lose. That's because I was brought up as a Chicago Cubs and Chicago Bears fan. I remain loyal to them. The Twins are in a pennant race in the last week of the baseball season. If they had beat Detroit last night, they would have tied for first place. With 5 games to play. The fact that the Twins lost doesn't bother me. Now, if the Cubs were in that situation, I would have been distraught. Oh, it'd be nice if the Twins won and got into World Series. But with the Twins, I can take 'em or leave 'em. With the Cubs, however, I live and die. --Jim Broede

No comments: