Wednesday, October 7, 2009

I'm being me.

Sounds kind of funny, doesn't it? Being a romantic idealist. If you had told me when I was a youngster that I'd grow up to be a romantic idealist, I would have scoffed. Laughed. And not understood what you were talking about. Romance was the farthest thing from my mind. I was more interested in baseball. And getting out of school. A love poem would have turned me off. Now I write love poems. And love letters. And pursue a love relationship. And I'm loving every minute of it. I was born to be in love. Except I didn't know it until I was almost 30. Took a long time. For me to fall in love. Yes, that was why I was put on Earth. To experience love. To feel the pleasure of romance. To get carried away by the tide. To go with the flow. To love, love, love. I've never felt more alive. And wonderful. Than when I am in love. My first 30 years were moreorless spent searching for my mission in life. Then I found it. I was to be a romantic idealist. Yes, that's what I am. I'm being me. --Jim Broede

1 comment:

Broede's Broodings said...

There's nobody I'd rather be than me. --Jim