Wednesday, October 7, 2009

As immoral as it gets.

If we don't get universal health care in this session of Congress, I'm gonna write letters. To every member of Congress. Nasty letters. Telling 'em all to go to hell. And that they're all a shame on America. I really want a single-payer system. A public system. Rather than private insurance. But I will accept virtually any kind of system, as long as it provides universal coverage. For every American. Rich and poor alike. And I don't want to hear the usual excuse that we can't afford it. This is a moral issue. Not an economic issue. We seem to be able to afford unnecessary and obscene wars. Which are immoral. And then to be told that we can't afford universal health care. That's as immoral as it gets. --Jim Broede

1 comment:

Broede's Broodings said...

I sure do like to spout off. --Jim