Monday, October 26, 2009

Like god himself.

I'm not sure that all fantasy is unreal. Take religion, for instance. Or the belief in god. Or the existence of a spirit world or another dimension. Could be it's all fantasy. Because much of it takes an article of faith. To believe. Yes, one can choose to believe what one wants to believe. Without absolute proof. Through the leap of faith. Where does one draw the line? I choose to give meaning to life. To my life. And to existence. To the physical world. And the imagined world. I interpret reality. Right or wrong. In a sense, I've created my own world. Much like god, I suppose. I've used my consciousness. My awareness. And I'm not sure how much difference there is beyond the real and the imagined. All of it may be imagined. None of it real. With my imagination, I can create virtually anything. All kinds of worlds. Like god himself. --Jim Broede

9 comments:

Broede's Broodings said...

We humans/Earthlings sometimes think we have it all figured out. Only to discover that we don't. Not so many centuries ago many of us thought the world was flat, and that the Earth was at the center of the universe. And it was heresy to profess anything else. We may think we are wiser today. But I suspect time will show that we are still quite ignorant. Unenlightened. Wait until we discover other vastly more intelligent life in the universe. I suspect we are at the lower end of the intelligence chain. --Jim Broede

Broede's Broodings said...

Could be we are so stupid that we can't even recognize intelligent life. We don't have the capacity, the wherewithal. --Jim Broede

Broede's Broodings said...

We can't comprehend intelligent life any more than an insect can comprehend our life. --Jim

Anonymous said...

I'm comforted to know that you speak only for yourself-not humans/earthlings, not Americans, not Liberals,Conservatives. Insects are a lot smarter than you give them credit.

That you compare yourself to God, in any sense, is totally ignorant and pompous. You don't know God. By the way, as a "writer", the correct reference would be "a" god, in the sense you use.
anon56

Broede's Broodings said...

The great poet William Blake said the imagination is not a State: it is the Human existence itself. I agree with Blake. --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

I imagine that I am a creation of god. That makes me feel honored. --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

It's possible to have a conversation with my creator. He's quite accessible. I don't fully know god. But he knows me. And I at least know that he's big on love. Doesn't mind if I call him the god of love. --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

God also doesn't mind if I call him he or she. Or if I spell his name with a lower or upper case g. Or if I spell his name g-a-w-d. He's not all that particular. He's been called many things. --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

I'm reading a book, "The Search for God at Harvard," by Ari L. Goldman. Very interesting. I recommend it. --Jim