Monday, October 26, 2009

Loveable losers.

The World Series is no big deal for me. I won't go out of my way to watch any of the games. Oh, I'll probably tune in. Out of habit. But I don't much care. Because my Chicago Cubs aren't in it. And even if they were, I might go for a walk. Rather than watch. Because I might become too tense. Maybe I'd check the scoreboard occasionally. See, I'd get too wrapped up in the game if I watched. Too emotionally drained. So maybe it's a godsend that the Cubs haven't been in a World Series since 1945. Better for my nerves. For my blood pressure. I suppose if I watch, I'll pull for the Philadelphia Phillies. Because they're a National League team. I like the National League better than the American League. And besides, I've never liked the New York Yankees. Maybe it's jealousy. They're far more successful than the Cubs. But I really can't complain. The Cubs are loveable. Loveable losers. --Jim Broede

2 comments:

Broede's Broodings said...

Maybe it's good to be a loser. Helps make one humble. --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

I like to lose to some of my friends. Because it makes them feel good. --Jim