Saturday, October 17, 2009

Love letters.

I love to write love letters. Do it almost every day. Maybe two or three love letters some nights. Just before I go to bed. I even write love letters when I'm living with my love. Yes, I've learned to make the written word part of the love feast. So many ways to express love. Physically. Mentally. Emotionally. Spiritually. My kind of woman likes love letters. Yes, the words of love. Some of the world's greatest poems really are love letters. They have a lasting quality. They survive long after the lovers are gone. It's a tribute to their love. Lasting forever. I like to capture the sentiment of the moment. And what better way to do it? Than in a love letter. --Jim Broede

6 comments:

Broede's Broodings said...

I think more marriages would last if couples wrote daily love letters to each other. --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

It's nice to have a written record of love. --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

I've been called a lover of words. I take that as a high compliment. --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

I write satire and parody. But my favorite time is when I sit down and write a love letter. --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

I wonder what prompts some people to write hate letters. Hate, I suppose. Sad, isn't it? So much easier to write a love letter. --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

Seems to me that letter-writing is becoming a lost art. --Jim