Saturday, October 17, 2009

I wanna stay in Paradise.

Seems I've always been involved in controversy. One kind or another. Maybe that's the nature of the human condition. Disagreement. I learned as a youngster, to thrive on controversy. Made life interesting. Helped me learn. That to every issue, there are multiple sides. Many ways of doing things. Innumerable concepts of right and wrong. I loved it. Choosing sides. Debating. Trying to put things in perspective. Little wonder that I went into the news profession. Reporting. On issues. And events. Examining all sides. And often making my own decisions. Over right and wrong. Over fair and unfair. Golly, it's always been stimulating. I relished playing the devil's advocate. And I began to think that all issues can be decided and settled through negotiation. By talking things out. Reaching reasonable compromises. Creating win-win situations. Sure beats warfare. But then, some of us are entrenched in long held concepts -- that war and violence and killing are necessary. It's all part of the human condition But I don't buy that. We humans can reinvent ourselves. And become peacemakers, rather than war-makers. Maybe by cultivating love. Yes, sweet love. I deal with the reality of a world gone crazy. But I still find time to love. Daily. If not for 24 hours, a few precious moments. Like right now. And I ask myself, if I can have peace for a few hours, why can't I have it all the time? I go to Paradise for a visit every day. Now, I have to figure out how to stay there. As a permanent resident. --Jim Broede

6 comments:

Broede's Broodings said...

I'm learning that one cannot enter Paradise alone. Two must become one to get through the gate. --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

I'm mastering the art/craft of two becoming one. On a daily basis. Indeed, that's a breakthrough. A revelation. --Jim

Anonymous said...

All this about:
"... Helped me learn.... to every issue, there are multiple sides... I began to think that all issues can be decided and settled through negotiation. By talking things out."

is baloney, since you censor your blog so heavily.

Broede's Broodings said...

I censor only to the degree of maintaining good taste and decency. Some of you are vile and ill-mannered. --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

You know, this blog is my sanctuary. A little bit like a place of worship. You wouldn't act unruly in a church, would you? So try to behave yourselves in my sanctuary. It's the polite thing to do. --Jim

Anonymous said...

lol paradise? WAKE UP JIMMY
Your dreaming!