Saturday, October 10, 2009

Truly a peacemaker.

I have to laugh at people who think that Barack Obama doesn't deserve the Nobel peace prize. Well, just think about it. There's all kinds of peace. Such as inner peace. Obama has that, doesn't he? A black man who has become president in a highly racist country. He had to endure to reach the top. That's what I call an inner peace. He had to cultivate a sense of love. Incredible as it may seem, he's actually trying to make peace with Republicans. With his so-called enemies. With the lowest of low-lifes. So very often Obama has turned the other cheek. Which sometimes annoys me. But seems to me he's following the example of that guy Jesus. Loving his enemies. Despite their horrible deeds. What better way to make peace? Just the opposite of George Bush. Obama is a meek and mild and tolerant sort of fella. He keeps his cool. Even when he's slandered. He seems to contain his anger. Or maybe, he doesn't even get angry. Because he's truly a peacemaker. --Jim Broede

1 comment:

Broede's Broodings said...

I think of myself as a peacemaker, too. I know some snob ladies. And I've made peace with them. But I don't know if they've made peace with me. --Jim