Saturday, October 17, 2009

A way out of the doldrums.

I occasonally go by the name Crazy Jim. Because I think of myself as crazy. In a good way, of course. Not everyone will agree that I'm good crazy. Some think I'm bad crazy. Or crazy crazy. That I should be put away. I think that's funny. Because I'm harmless. I won't hurt myself. Or others. I'm really a free spirit. Among other things. Such as an unabashed liberal. A free-thinker in religious and spiritual terms. A romantic idealist. And a lover. Particularly of life. Anyway, all this is quite a conglomeration of roles. I enjoy 'em all. And hey, I'm happy. And solidly in love. Much of the time I'm in sweet rapture. No, I'm not on drugs. And never have been. I'm just naturally high. Guess it's the effect of love. Which pulses through my veins. My very being. Spirit and soul. And I write. This blog. Called Broodings. Nice broodings. I'm redefining the art/craft of brooding. To make brooding anything but glum. These are happy, happy broodings. That upsets some people. Especially unhappy people. Could be they envy me. And wish I'd shut up. Because the contrast of happiness with their unhappiness makes them feel even more deeply unhappy. But my intentions are good. I want to prove to them that a little bit of craziness can be a tonic. And get them out of their doldrums. --Jim Broede

12 comments:

Broede's Broodings said...

I rub some unhappy people the wrong way. In part, because I encourage them to not feel sorry for themselves. I'm generally opposed to pity parties. --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

I've seen pictures of some of the snob ladies. And they look very -- let's say, well fed. --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

I think it's all right to laugh. At ourselves. And each other. --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

Laughing feels much better than crying. Albeit, there's a time to cry. Ultimately, it's a good laugh that saves the day. --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

When I think of people being stupid, it's mostly when they come up with absurd conclusions. But then, some days it seems that we live in an absurd world. --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

I think I appear too smug to please some people. But it really isn't smugness. It's confidence. And a feeling of pleasure. Of happiness. --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

It's funny when people think I have ulterior motives. Take the snob ladies, for instance. They speculate about so many things. That it becomes absurd. Absurdly funny. Entertaining. --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

People have to learn to trust each other. And a public forum isn't the place to do it. Instead, it has to be done privately. On a one-on-one basis. And so many, many people tend to be scared of that approach. Because it's too direct. Too intimate. Amazing. That so many people are afraid of each other. --Jim

Anonymous said...

I will assume your "snob ladies" and you, are the only ones who know what you are talking about.
Anon2

Broede's Broodings said...

We don't have to become cozy with each other. But we should carry on genuine dialogue. Have genuine give-and-take. A genuine intellectual exchange. Instead, we bark at each other. That's the nature of political discourse in the USA. Bark. Bark. Bark. We act like wild dogs. We form packs. Or gangs. We separate. Rather than come together. Republicans and Democrats don't even socialize with each other any more. We hate. Instead of love. --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

If you don't know the snob ladies, count your blessings. --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

I love to post afterthoughts. I love to improvise. To do something different. I like to write in short sentences. Even one word sentences. I'm free to write pretty much as I please. Because these are my broodings. My blog. I'm unconventional. I don't follow the usual rules. And I don't compel anyone to come to this blog. Or to come back. For those who don't like my approach, I suggest going away and not coming back. This blog isn't for everyone. --Jim