Sunday, October 18, 2009

We hate. Instead of love.

We don't have to become cozy with each other. But we should carry on genuine dialogue. Have genuine give-and-take. A genuine intellectual exchange. Instead, we bark at each other. That's the nature of political discourse in the USA. Bark. Bark. Bark. We act like wild dogs. We form packs. Or gangs. We separate. Rather than come together. Republicans and Democrats don't even socialize with each other any more. We hate. Instead of love. --Jim Broede

2 comments:

Broede's Broodings said...

By the way, I don't hate Republicans. Rather, I'd call it dislike. I'm not aware of hating anyone. Come to think of it. I really haven't ever hated anyone. I just shudder at the thought. Hating someone. That would be far too consuming. --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

If someone hated me, I don't think I could hate them back. I would try to understand why they hate, and then fix the problem. So they don't hate me anymore. I'd suggest it would be all right to dislike me. Even despise me. But that hate goes too far. --Jim