Wednesday, October 14, 2009

It's love. And not politics.

The game of politics. It's a dirty, dirty game. I don't like it. Ideally, I'd like to steer clear of politics. But it's there. Part of reality. And one deals with it. Or withdraws. At some point, one must fight back. I don't mean kill each other. I don't mean physical violence. But it's a battle of words. And thoughts. And ideas. And, unfortunately, lies and dirty tricks. It's not designed for the meek. It's all about power. And how to influence decisions. Money plays a big role. Maybe moreso than lofty ideas. I've been around politics for a long time. Covering it. Writing about it. More on the lower levels than the higher levels. I see how politicians get started. And what motivates many of 'em. And I've grown somewhat cynical. About how change comes about. Or doesn't come about. It's not very nice. Especially the lies. The deceit. And what seems to me the ignoring of the common good. And so I like to sound off from time to time. That's what I'm doing. I'm telling you what I don't like. Yes, I don't like politics and the way it's played. But I'm really helpless to do anything about it. Other than complain. Like in this blog. It's a nice release. It's therapeutic. And tonight, before I go to bed, I'll sit down and write a love letter. Because I'm in love. And politics will be emptied from my mind. And I will fall asleep. Knowing what's really important in life. It's love. And not politics. --Jim Broede

4 comments:

Broede's Broodings said...

It's really fun being in love. I think I learned to be in love at about age 29. Took a while. --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

Love becomes more meaningful all the time. It gets better and better. So many plateaus. So many dimensions.--Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

In love, I find myself by getting lost in another. So delightful. --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

I'm crazy. In love. --Jim