Thursday, October 15, 2009

Even Jesus lost his temper.

I'm capable of playing roles. For instance, I'm basically a pacifist. I'm not looking for a fight. When I was a child and on the playground, I was cooperative. I played nicely. I was sociable. And I helped other kids. If they needed help. Occasionally, there was a playground bully. I'd suggest to him, not to be a bully. To mend his ways. To be nice. But if he tried to bully me -- well, I'd bully him instead. I'd stand up to him. Mainly with my mouth. I was known in the family as 'Big Mouth.' I never did believe in physical violence. Like I say, I was a pacifist, essentially. But if I was physically accosted, I would fight back. And I learned to scare the hell out of bullies. With words. It was my way of being a diplomat. To badger the bully. I still do that to some extent. Take a Rush Limbaugh and a Glen Beck, for instance. They're bullies. Stupid bullies. If I were on their shows, I'd bully 'em right back. I'd become the stronger bully. I'd rip 'em apart. With words. Yes, I find that those on the lunatic fringe of the Republican Party tend to be bullies. Very, very stupid bullies. And I encourage liberals like me to fight back. To bully 'em. Unmercifully. Take no prisoners. One can be a complete pacifist only so long. Not even Jesus was a complete pacifist. He got violent at times. Even to the point of overturning tables. Yes, he lost his temper. --Jim Broede

3 comments:

Broede's Broodings said...

Many of the people I take on are bullies. Cyber bullies. That's why I appear to be a cyber bully on occasion. Because I counter bullies by becoming a bully myself. I don't initiate the bulliness. You might say that I find it necessary in some situations to fight fire with fire. I draw the line at physical violence. I would use it only in self-defense. To save my ass. And maybe someone else's ass, too. -Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

People I've identifed as 'snob ladies' and 'guttersnipes' tend to be cyber bullies. Not all. But some of 'em. --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

I gotta admit. Life is interesting. Every day is an adventure. --Jim