Saturday, November 7, 2009

And I've had my say.

The world of the Internet and the blog certainly has changed things. Given more of us a wider range of expression. More freedom. We can publish our own stuff. In a blog. Of course, it's not required reading. And some blogs may hardly be read at all. But still, there's some satisfaction in being able to get up on a soapbox and just speak one's piece. Like I do in Broodings. And I get great satisfaction from it. I've made some nice contacts. Very pleasant ones, indeed. I also get some crappy comments. Some I publish. Some I don't. In other words, I look at this as my blog. Not yours. And if you don't like it -- well, you can go elsewhere. Or create your own blog. And have your say. Most of you are probably well aware that I don't mind offending people. I'm also very nice. To some. Not necessarily only the people who agree with me. I like disagreement. As long as it's reasonably civil and not too scurrilous. Some of your comments even have been obscene and libelous. And besides, they have been submitted anonymously. You should know better. But I want to thank all of you for making me feel like Broodings is being read. Maybe not always loved and revered. But read, nevertheless. Looks like we've had about 33,000 hits in the past two years. We've discussed lots of subjects. And I've had my say. Exactly why I started Broodings. --Jim Broede

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You like disagreement but views and opinions that are different from yours are not addressed, if they are right.
The number of hits is the exact same as your friend whose own postings and ttt's of her own treads increase the numbers. Doesn't take much brain muscle. The hits are easy to manipulate. How many are your own?

Broede's Broodings said...

Usually, I'm the guy who's right. It's people like you that are wrong and it's hard for you to accept that fact. --Jim

Anonymous said...

I'm talking about other people, who have written here, with differing opinions, and facts to back them up, and you not addressing it. When you are in a corner, you seem to start calling names, and throwing insults around.

Broede's Broodings said...

Sounds to me like your imagination is playing tricks on you. Your grasp of reality is a little shaky. You aren't a bit paranoid, are you? I'm really a nice, fair-minded guy. All my friends will tell you that. They can't understand why some of you are so upset, or why you'd perceive me as anything but a kindly, old harmless gentleman. --Gentleman Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

Of course, I may have been critical of several crabby care-giving babes. For being so crabby. And maybe that makes them crabbier than ever. I guess that's one of my weaknesses. I don't like crabby people. Especially crabby babes. Now, if you were less crabby and more positive, I'd probably be more gentlemanly. Might even give you a kiss on the cheek or the forehead. Or a friendly pat on the tush. --Jim

Anonymous said...

Broede's Broodings said...
"Of course, I may have been critical of several crabby care-giving babes. For being so crabby."

That is not your place to do that. Caregivers need support and compassion, not criticism; not sexist remarks.