Thursday, November 19, 2009

But hey, to each his own.

We're all biased. You are just as biased as me. And we all think we're right. Only thing is, I admit it. I am mighty biased. And I also admit that I could be wrong. But still, I believe what I want to believe. And I change my opinions. Sometimes. Liberals aren't static. They bounce about. Nothing wrong with that. And hey, I don't digest and study everything. I haven't got the time. So I go to my trusted sources. Such as the New York Times. Or Barack Obama. Or Jon Stewart. Or Al Franken. Or my Italian girl friend. Or my pal, god almighty. They're good enough for me. I take life just barely seriously enough. Not too seriously. That's where I have the advantage. I know proper balance. I know how to savor life. I love waking up every morning, knowing I'm in for a happy day. Meanwhile, you sound too serious. But hey, to each his own. --Jim Broede

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

" Meanwhile, you sound too serious."

Seemingly, simply better informed.
A Fellow Traveler

Broede's Broodings said...

Very biased, too. --Jim

Anonymous said...

At least I am making an informed decision. I refuse to believe all that anyone says. I gather facts, after the opinions.

A Fellow Traveler

Broede's Broodings said...

I, too, make informed decisions. Albeit, often biased decisions. But nevertheless, informed. I keep gathering information/facts to fortify my biases. And occasionally, I change my biases/opinions because of new information. I'm a biased liberal, biased romantic idealist, biased free-thinker, biased lover. Yes, at times I'm subjective rather than objective. Because it suits me. I often let my emotions hold sway. That's why I'm a romantic idealist and a lover. I believe that one can be too mindful. Sometimes, I think with my blood and my heart and my gut. That's me. And I'm not ashamed of it. Indeed, that's what makes me me. --Jim Broede