Saturday, November 28, 2009

The gift of time.

I climbed a ladder. And cleaned out rain gutters today. I have covers on the gutters. They are supposed to keep leaves and debris out. Oh, they keep the leaves out. But not the debris. And muddy gook forms. And blocks the flow of water down to the drains. So every fall, I lift up the covers . And clean everything out. By hand. Gives me a sense of accomplishment. I wear gloves. But they really don't protect my hands all that much. My hands got wet. And cold. My finger tips were numb. I had to come indoors to warm 'em up. Some autumns, I don't get around to cleaning the gutters. Because winter sets in early. Too much snow. Too much cold. And I have to leave it go til spring. But we've had a wonderful November. One of the warmest on record. And so I've had the gift of time. To get things done. --Jim Broede

1 comment:

Broede's Broodings said...

One thing I've learned. Don't hurry through life. Take your time. Enjoy the ride. --Jim