Sunday, November 15, 2009

I don't know what's going on.

Just think of all the things that happen in the world on any given day. And how little is reported in the media. Only a mere speck. And this is how, in large part, we form our impression of reality. Through subjective and incomplete reports. Tidbits. We really don't know what's going on in the world. Or even what's going on around us. In our own local community. Or even in the neighborhood where we reside. Come to think of it, we live in isolation. And when we turn on the radio or TV or read the newspaper, we really get only what some media outlet wants to tell us. At best, we're given a clue or two. And then it's up to us to piece the puzzle together. And form a reality, of sorts, for the moment. Today, I'm gonna focus on my loving relationship. I will moreorless ignore everything else going on in the world. Because I have no choice. I don't know what's going on. --Jim Broede

3 comments:

Broede's Broodings said...

I have a feeling that I'm never told the important things that happen in the world. It's all a secret. And I'm just fed the extraneous, entertaining stuff by the media. --Jim Broede

Broede's Broodings said...

Maybe we were just born to be entertained. --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

Wouldn't it be nice to be informed rather than merely entertained? --Jim