Friday, November 6, 2009

I like to run from trouble.

I really like to kid people. Especially people who get annoyed with me. I mean, seriously perturbed. They call me all sorts of names. Jump to weird conclusions. Like the snob ladies. I kid them a whole lot. Make light of 'em. And hey, I invite 'em to make light of me. To joke around. Only thing is, they seem so deadly serious. They see me as evil. The devil incarnate. A heathen. And here I am. Truly a nice guy. Amiable. A lover of life. A romantic idealist. A liberal. A free-thinker. A lover, period. And just recently I've decided to become a philosopher. To give myself a bit more balance. Anyway, seems to me the snob ladies tend to be conservatives. Some of 'em even on the lunatic fringe of the Republican Party. Would-be Sarah Palins. Or Michelle Bachmanns. I mean, really far out. Bachmann even comes from my congressional district in Minnesota. That's getting a little too close for comfort. Like me, she's for a revolution. But not my kind of revolution. I want the liberals to take complete control. Bachmann wants the lunatic fringe to pull a coup d'etat. And it may not be bloodless. Because she's talking armed rebellion. She wants the lunatics to invade Washington and storm the capitol and look into the whites of the eyes of liberals like me. Gawd Almighty, help us. Bachmann may see the whites of my eyes some day. And I'll be terrified when I see the red of her blood-shot eyes. Close-up. I've always theorized that if Bachmann and the snob ladies came close to me, I'd flee. Because I think I can run faster. Albeit, if they catch me, I'm in trouble. They're really tough broads. They command respect. That is, if I'm captured. But I'm in constant training. I'm perfecting my running, my fleeing techniques. I like to run from trouble. Not into perilous trouble. --Jim Broede

12 comments:

Broede's Broodings said...

If I were captured by a snob lady, I think I'd plead for mercy. Only thing is, I suspect they are a merciless lot. Suicide may be the better alternative. --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

I'm sure the snob ladies ignore the Geneva Convention rules of warfare. --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

My gawd, I can imagine the kind of torture they'd put me through. Just thinking about it is torture enough. --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

When your self-proclaimed enemies (aka snob ladies) not only despise you, but hate you, beware. --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

Oh, I shudder. --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

A guy calling himself Robert wrote to me and declared, "I highly doubt they (the snob ladies) would even want to be anywhere near you I honestly think they just wish you would stop with all the bullshit. We have all seen it for years."

I suspect that Robert is married to one of the snob ladies. And she put him up to writing to me. I think Robert is hen-pecked. And it's time for him to wear the pants in his family. --Jim

Anonymous said...

I see my response got to you. You didn't post it, You went to the boards and posted your phony support. I have got to believe that members have visited here, and that is why you don't get much notice there. You are seen for who you really are.

Leave the message boards to those who really need it, and those who really care.

I knew you wouldn't print my response.

Broede's Broodings said...

I print everything that's at least half-way civil and half-way decent. It doesn't meet muster if it's indecent and obscene. You know that. Clean up your act, and you'll be all right. Start acting like a woman (even a snob lady is acceptable), and not a guttersnipe. remember, this blog is read by a whole lot of decent folks.--Jim

Anonymous said...

"...remember, this blog is read by a whole lot of decent folks"

How can you tell?

Broede's Broodings said...

I've met many of 'em personally. And they treat me decently. --Jim

Sarah said...

Broede's Broodings said...
I've met many of 'em personally. And they treat me decently. --Jim

November 8, 2009 1:21 PM

Give us names because IMHO your lying.

Broede's Broodings said...

You'll have to learn to trust me, Sarah. That's how friendships are built. I'm very trustworthy. But you don't believe it. That means you are wasting your time with me. Don't you have better things to do? Why should I share the names of my friends with you, when you don't even share your full name with me? You know my name. But I don't know yours. I share my name with you because I trust you. Now reciprocate. I'm far more open than you are. I take risks. I'm the one that becomes vulnerable. You can easily verify my existence. There's ample public record. You can accuse me of being a liar. Without identifying yourself. All too easy. You hide behind a mask. Behind a facade. Like so many people. You are the one who isn't open and above board. I'm the honest one around here. You're the dishonest one. I tend to go out into the world naked. I really have nothing to hide. You could even come to visit me. I am easily found. You are the one that hides. Because you are afraid. You are fearful. You could come to Forest Lake. And you'd find all kinds of people that know me. I am trusted around here. Because people know me. Talk to the editor of the local newspaper, the Forest Lake Times. Find out if I'm real. Discover if I am trustworthy. Find out if I speak the truth. Find out if I am respected in my own community. I've lived here since 1965. People know me. The town isn't that big. --Jim