Saturday, November 7, 2009

In a somewhat absurd world.

I never cease to be amazed by the number of angry people in this world. Yes, people that flip out. The army psychiatrist at Ft. Hood. He's one of many examples. Some of 'em take to unrestrained violence. But just as bad, in many ways, are members of the lunatic fringe of the Republican Party. The diehard ultra conservatives. Like Michelle Bachmann. And Sarah Palin. And Rush Limbaugh. And Glen Beck. I see 'em as empty-headed, angry people. I don't deny that I could be classed as empty-headed, too. But I'm not angry. I'm disappointed. And disillusioned. It doesn't do any good for me to be angry. I accept the world as it is. Because there's not much I can do to really change it in significant ways. So I have to learn to live within the confines of absurd reality. Often by creating my own reality, of sorts, in my little niche. And I protest. To some extent. By voicing my displeasure. In this blog, for instance. By confronting some of the angry people. In little ways. Maybe annoying ways. Yes, I'm able to annoy angry people. Make them a little bit more angry. Maybe to get them to see the futility of their anger. That they ain't gonna change anything very much. Their only hope is to quell their anger. To find reason to be happy. And reasonably content. In a somewhat absurd world. --Jim Broede

15 comments:

Broede's Broodings said...

I think I attract angry people. A little bit like the Pied Piper. Does that make me evil? Of course, every story can be interpreted in many ways. With special meaning. Good meaning. Bad meaning. Angry people are always looking for bad meaning. --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

I find myself looking for good meaning. Maybe all that means is that I'm not angry. --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

Really, I find it hard, if not impossible, to be angry when I am in love. --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

That's the most amazing thing in this world. The existence of love. Even in the midst of anger. Yes, that's our salvation. The ability to choose to love. To leave the anger behind. --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

I think I make sense, in large part, because I'm not angry. Angry people seldom make sense. --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

I find that angry people wish I would go away. Maybe that's a good sign. Because in so many ways I feed their anger. --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

Maybe I'm making them tired of being angry. That would be a nice outcome. --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

The point I make is that we all have a choice. To be angry, or not to be angry. I really don't make people angry. They make themselves angry. They play the blame game. Blaming everybody but themselves. --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

People get angry over my actions. When really they should be angry over their empty-headed actions. To the point of coming to their senses. --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

If angry people curbed their anger, they'd come to like me. --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

Angry people don't like it that I've dominated the comment section of this thread. With my 11th comment. And probably with more to come. --Jim

GEM said...

Broede's Broodings said...
The point I make is that we all have a choice. To be angry, or not to be angry. I really don't make people angry. They make themselves angry. They play the blame game. Blaming everybody but themselves. --Jim

You state "the point I make is that we all have a choice" Great then if we all have a choice why is that anyone that doesn't agree with you is empty headed?
You state "they play the blame game". You yourself do that very well, its always those that do not agree with you that gets blamed.

Broede's Broodings said...

I'm flowing. Like a stream. A river. Makes me feel good. Like I'm a part of Creation. Divinely blessed. --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

That's right, GEM, we all play the blame game. Because we're all empty-headed. Me included. Didn't I make that amply clear? I do much of what I do because I am empty-headed. And we all live in an absurd world. No way of getting around it. Much of life is absurd. But still, I like it. Because I'm allowed to be absurd. --Jim

Anonymous said...

What in the world, makes you believe that people are angry?