Sunday, November 22, 2009

The light you bring to my life.

I bitch about lots of things. But I wonder if you've noticed. I'm in love with life. Yes, I like living. And expressing myself. Right here in this blog. It's sort of a public journal in a sense. Oh, I don't tell everything happening in my life. I keep some of the personal stuff private. Because it's no one's business. But still, I share a lot. I'm open. Especially when it comes to opinions. And I'm funny. In my own way. Yes, humor is a funny thing. In that to some, it ain't funny. Which makes it funny. Even hilarious. Some of you, with your idiotic comments, help to make the blog a bit insane. Crazy. I appreciate that. Because it gives me the opportunity to play off you. I'm amazed at how many of you keep coming back. For more and more. And I've also learned that some of you are very nice and intelligent and perceptive people. Indeed, we've cultivated friendships. And that's what makes life so precious and thrilling and satisfying. For every idiot, there's a genius. Yes, some of you are genuine geniuses. Remarkable people. Worthy of great respect. And I appreciate you. Often, by contrasting you with the idiots of the world. That makes the light you bring to my life even brighter. --Jim Broede

2 comments:

Broede's Broodings said...

The sad and scary thing is that sometimes idiots gravitate into positions of power. Like in politics, for instance. We have a preponderance of idiots thriving in the political realms. --Jim Broede

Broede's Broodings said...

Maybe it's because so many, many decent people steer clear of politics. Because it's so corrupting. --Jim