Sunday, November 22, 2009

Worse than the bubonic plague.

I'm amazed. At the vitriol. In America. Hateful stuff. For instance. Aimed at our president. Barack Obama. By the likes of lunatic fringe conservatives Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck. It's asinine. Almost unbelievable. But it goes far beyond politics. In everyday life. I get vitriol, too. For being a liberal. That makes me un-American. I get it, too, from people who think I mistreated my beloved Jeanne. Because I took her to Europe. When she had Alzheimer's. She fell. Broke her wrist. And when she was recovering, at my German's cousin house, Jeanne and our granddaughter stayed behind, when another cousin and I went away for the weekend to visit friends on the Baltic Sea. I was castigated. In an unprinted email comment submitted for this blog. With unmitigated vitriol. By some woman who chooses to remain anonymous. For me having 'abandoned' Jeanne. Nothing of the such ever happened. Hey, we brought her all the way to Germany. While she was still with it to some significant degree. It was the humane, loving thing to do. But here we have a stranger. Unable to mind her own business. Hurling unbelievable accusations. Jumping to weird conclusions. My gawd. What has happened in America? We're at each other's throats. Imagining that we're evil beings. When we don't even know each other. We're being uncivil. Disrespectful. We're acting like hateful idiots. Maybe it's a contagion. Sweeping across the land. A virus. I sure as heck hope we can get a vaccine. A cure for it. Otherwise, this could be worse than the bubonic plague of the Middle Ages. --Jim Broede

15 comments:

Broede's Broodings said...

I really don't understand why we aren't nicer to each other. Maybe it's a lack of love. Aren't we humans supposed to love each other? I thought that's what I was taught in Sunday school. It certainly wasn't to hate each other. But sometimes it seems there's more hate than love in this world. --Jim Broede

Broede's Broodings said...

I sense there are a lot of uptight, nervous people in this world. They feel uneasy. Insecure. Unhappy, really. They ain't enjoying life. --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

It's uncanny. People write to me. And tell me that i didn't treat Jeanne right. That I shouldn't have taken her to Arizona or to Germany when she had Alzheimer's. I really don't know why that's any of their business. Jeanne died in January 2007. So there's nothing I can do about it. I did what I did. And I think it was wonderful for Jeanne. And I'd do it again. If I could. So why would people write to me and tell me they think it was a mistake? People are strange, aren't they? --Jim

Anonymous said...

Calling the kettle black again Jim. Respect is earned not given freely. You dis people without knowing anything about them. Everyones typing looks the same on here, yet you feel the need to call names, censor, insist they are bad caregivers, ect. So why would anyone be nice to you? I don't hate you, I hate snakes and mice. So if you fit into that I hate you. I am just tried of hearing you pat yourself on the back for everything including breathing. Now you are being taken to task and good for them! It clearly shows Jim is not God. The way I look at it is they have proven you are human and you make mistakes.

Broede's Broodings said...

I've openly called myself an idiot. Right here in this blog. Many times. And I've also admitted that I have yet to live a mistake-free day. So, what are you talking about? I'm also a nice guy. And it doesn't bother me when I hurt my arm patting myself on the back. Because I like me. The way I am. Imperfect and all. And just like me, some of you are kooks and idiots and fools and assholes. Face up to it. I admit I'm all of the above. Including a nice guy. That's my salvation. And I don't consider myself god. But god happens to be my pal. I'm able to talk to him anytime. I have a direct connection. I don't know about the rest of you. But that makes me feel pretty good. And privileged. And blessed. And I don't even have to go to church to have a conversation with god. Helps me do the right things. --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

Some of you don't listen. Or you don't understand the English language. That can be a handicap, you know. I'm telling you this not to be critical. Rather just to encourage you to go out and get an education. It can make a positive difference in your lives. --Jim

Anonymous said...

THIS IS A FAMILY BLOG! STOP THE PROFANITY!

Broede's Broodings said...

By the way, I see no reason to hate snakes or mice. That's not a good sign. Where does your hate stop? Snakes and mice have a right to life. They don't deserve to be hated. Any more than you or I deserve to be hated. I try to not hate anything. Hate is a sickness. It can start in little ways. By hating snakes and mice. And then it spreads to other things. Try to nip your hate in the bud. You'll be better off for it. --Jim Broede

Broede's Broodings said...

Yes, that's why some of you get censored. We aim to stop the profanity. Clean up your acts if you want to get published here. --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

Remember, I am in charge. Not you. --Jim

Anonymous said...

YOURS IS THE ONLY FOUL "MOUTH" I SEE!

Broede's Broodings said...

My mouth has been thoroughly sanitized. My mouth may be big. But it's clean as clean can be. But some of you have very dirty mouths. That can be unhealthy. Make you prone to disease. And nobody would want to kiss you. I suspect you also have foul breath. --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

You probably have gum disease, too. That could lead to loss of teeth. I'd recommend that you see a dentist. Pronto. --Jim

Anonymous said...

OK, so saying anything bad about you, or disagreeing must fit your definition of profane. But, sh*t, a**hole, etc. is OK?

Just wanted to know the rules!

Broede's Broodings said...

You also are allowed to use the word 'shit' in certain contexts. Such as shit happens. That's an indisputable fact. But for the more genteel among us, we also accept poop happens, crap happens, No. 2 happens and feces happens. Personally, I favor shit happens. But it's not required. And try to not use the word 'shit' in vulgar ways. That may get you censored. Meanwhile, I appreciate your efforts to try to understand the rules. Now, obey them. --Jim