Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Making more than small talk.

I like the way I interact with people. Yes, it's quite possible some of 'em don't like the way I interact with them. But that's fine. I don't aim to please everyone. Doesn't bother me to offend some. To tell them exactly what's on my mind. Or I might choose to be funny when they want me to be serious. Therefore, they may become annoyed. And I like it that I annoy certain people. Because that's the best way to reach some people. Gives us something to talk about. It's a way to get to know people. An opportunity to talk. About annoyances. Often, we patch things up. And we get on to topics that are more pleasant. Not so annoying. And we learn how to disagree with each other. Without being annoyed. We feel each other out. We get to know each other. Sometimes, we even become friends. But if not, that's all right, too. At least we did more than make small talk. --Jim Broede

No comments: