Sunday, December 6, 2009

All it takes is a squirt gun.

My pal, Loverboy, has a parasite in his intestinal tract. That happens to cats. And so their bowel movement becomes a bit runny. But it's readily cured. With medication. Used to be a pill. One that I had to flip down Loverboy's throat. He didn't like it. Maybe he thought I was trying to kill him. He'd run away and hide after the procedure. And it didn't always work. Because he'd spit out the pill if I didn't get it all the way down his throat. I'm an inept pill-pusher. But hey, give me credit for ingenuity. I asked the veterinarian if I could give Loverboy his medicine in liquid form. And shoot it down his throat with a squirt gun, of sorts. Sure enough. That's possible. It's worked. Three times in a row. I've become a master of the squirt gun for dispensing medicine. Loverboy doesn't like it. But he seems to be telling me it's better than taking a pill. He still runs away. But he doesn't hide. And I seem to be forgiven after a minute or so. --Jim Broede

1 comment:

Broede's Broodings said...

My squirt gun really is a needleless syringe. It squirts pretty good. Loverboy prefers it to me sticking my finger down his throat with a pill. --Jim