Friday, December 18, 2009

Free to think what I want to think.

Maybe the most precious of all freedoms is the freedom of speech. I can be denied all sorts of rights, or freedoms. But if I can verbally protest, it makes me feel better. And makes me feel free in a very significant way. I suppose if I were denied the freedom of speech, I'd still have the freedom to think what I want to think. And that might still set me free. Of course, I could be killed/executed for thinking what I think. Maybe that's the only way I could be stopped from thinking. But then, maybe my soul survives. And quite possibly my soul could still think. Therefore, I would still be free to think what I want to think. --Jim Broede

1 comment:

Broede's Broodings said...

Maybe the most precious freedom of all is the freedom to protest. To object. --Jim