Sunday, December 20, 2009

Picking up where I left off.

Wouldn't it be nice, if everything we did was something we liked doing? That would make life so much more pleasurable. Well, one thing I like to do is think. Think about lots of things. About life. About love. I'm naturally curious. So I think a whole lot. Occupy my mind. When I'm doing chores that I don't particularly like. Such as washing the dishes. Cleaning out the kitty litter box. Taking out the garbage. Yes, I often perform these mundane tasks while I'm immersed in thought. Wonderful, pleasing thought. Most nights when I go to bed I think about the concept of love. That's my last conscious thought as I lapse into unconsciousness. Yes, very pleasant, indeed. And when I wake in the morning, I pick up where I left off. With more loving thoughts. --Jim Broede

4 comments:

Broede's Broodings said...

Boy, do I ever like living and loving. --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

And I love the pursuit of happiness. So many, many ways to find happiness. --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

I see so many people in pursuit of unhappiness. Makes me think they are sick. --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

The weird thing is that some people seem to enjoy being unhappy. I guess you'd call 'em masochists. --Jim