Wednesday, December 2, 2009

I'm just feeling my way.

I like to be gentle. Feisty, too. Maybe I have a split personality. But I think of it more as wide-ranging. Nothing wrong with that. Allows me to make friends. And to alienate people, too. I like to do both. Because there are both kinds of people in the world. Those that need camaraderie. And others that deserve some degree of contempt. I tend to let people know where I stand. But I'm open. In mind. I've turned enemies into friends. And then again, I've managed to lose a friend or two. Maybe because I'm too honest. Or it could be I just lack empathy. Hard to tell. I'm not afraid to take risks. To put life to a test. I can be serious. Funny, too. Sometimes, it's hard to tell. What I'm being. Maybe because I don't even know. But that's all right. I'm just feeling my way. --Jim Broede

No comments: