Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Finding something to savor.

Being retired. It's an advantage. But so is not being retired. The point I wish to make is that almost anything can be an advantage. An asset. If one makes it such. Depends on how one deals with life. I enjoyed being employed. When I was employed. And I enjoy being retired. Now that I'm retired. When I was married and Jeanne was alive -- that was great, too. But still, my life is wonderful almost three years after Jeanne died. Because I'm trying to live to the utmost. I'm doing things. Having fun. Traveling far more than I used to. And I am in love. As deeply as ever. And since I'm retired I can, in a sense, focus more on my love than when I was gainfully employed. I have more opportunity to focus on what I really want to focus on. I've always yearned to live life fully. I'm not sure I always did that. Maybe I was a bit lax at times. Lazy. Uninspired. Just going through the motions. But that's been less the case as I grow older. I have become more wise. More appreciative of life. Now I find something to savor. Daily. --Jim Broede

No comments: