Saturday, December 19, 2009

My choice: Big government.

If it comes down to trusting big business or big government, I'll side with big government every time. I have absolutely no faith in big business. Because it's run mostly by greedy capitalists. Out to pad their own pockets rather than to serve the common good. Yes, we have some jackass Republicans in government. But at least we have the opportunity to occasionally vote in a majority of liberals. That's why we have such wonderful social programs as social security and Medicare and public education. Of course, I'll admit that government ain't perfect. But that's the price we have to pay for being stupid enough to elect obstructionist Republicans. --Jim Broede

1 comment:

Broede's Broodings said...

I want government to provide essential services. Without having to make a profit. That's too much to ask of small or big business. --Jim