Saturday, January 16, 2010

Enough to cause me to weep.

I'll tell you one thing. If the Democrats don't win the U.S. Senate race in Massachusetts, it's time for liberals to go into a cold sweat. Because the Republicans will have won a key battle in a traditional liberal stronghold. This ain't Alabama. It's Massachusetts. Yes, I know that Massachusetts elects some Republicans. Even Republican governors. But this is Ted Kennedy's old seat in the senate. To make a gawd-awful Republican Kennedy's successor -- well, that would be a disgrace. Enough to cause me to weep. --Jim Broede

3 comments:

Broede's Broodings said...

I admit, I don't like Republicans. But I didn't like Hitler either. And I don't like brussel sprouts. All for good and valid reasons. One can't like everything. --Jim

Anonymous said...

prej*u*diced |ˈprejədəst| |ˈprɛdʒədəst|
adjective
having or showing a dislike or distrust that is derived from prejudice; bigoted

bigoted |ˈbigətid|
adjective
obstinately convinced of the superiority or correctness of one's own opinions and prejudiced against those who hold different opinions
• expressing or characterized by prejudice and intolerance : a thoughtless and bigoted article.

Broede's Broodings said...

I'm not necessarily prejudiced against people with different opinions. Only against people with stupid and idiotic opinions, such as the lunatic fringe of the Republican Party. I also was prejudiced against Nazis for doing what they did against the Jews. I admit, I'm not gonna give the Nazis or the Republican lunatics a fair hearing. I don't like any of 'em. Because of what they stand for. So, call me prejudiced. --Jim