Monday, January 4, 2010

Here's why it's been a good day.

I have mostly pleasant thoughts. Oh, I chide people. But in pleasant ways. Pleasant for me, that is. Maybe not pleasant for the people being chided. Because they allow themselves to be annoyed. That doesn't bother me. It's their choice. We're all free to make of life what we want to make of it. With an attitude. See, I like to annoy people. Because I think they deserve to be annoyed. Oh, I don't annoy everyone. Just certain people. Like Republicans. And religious fanatics. And people that don't like me for one reason or another. I don't particularly want to be liked. Because if everybody liked me, I wouldn't have people to annoy. That's my lifeblood. The desire to annoy. And I'm often fulfilling that desire. Right here in this blog. And in everyday life. That makes for a rather pleasant existence. A feeling that I'm accomplishing something meaningful. Worthwhile. Yes, it's been a good day when I've annoyed someone. --Jim Broede

3 comments:

Broede's Broodings said...

I really like it when people write to me and tell me they are very much annoyed with me. I print some of their stuff. But not all of it. Because that's a way of making 'em even more annoyed. --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

I've mastered many techniques of annoying people. I consider that one of my greatest life accomplishments. --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

Of course, I have a select number of people that I try not to annoy. They are special. My friends. But I even like to annoy a friend occasionally. --Jim