Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I swear to tell the truth.

When I go to church, I don't sing the hymns. Many times, I go in just to see the architecture. Other times, just to enjoy the peace and quiet of an empty church. To me, the nicest church of all is the outdoors. Especially along an ocean beach. Or in a forest. Or on a mountain top. When I go to a ball game, I never sing the Star Spangled Banner. Now that I think of it, I never sing the national anthem. Ain't for lack of patriotism. More a case that I don't want to be embarrassed by my singing voice. But it's also the humane thing to do. For the sake of the people standing near me. Another thing. I don't recite the pledge of allegiance. And when I've had to testify in court, I don't say "so help me god." I simply swear to tell the truth. --Jim Broede

1 comment:

Broede's Broodings said...

When I go to Europe, I visit many cathedrals and basilicas. Amazing places. --Jim