Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Seemed like an odd question.

Takes me about three months to wear out a pair of walking shoes. And when they go, the heel goes first. The last pair of shoes that I threw away had holes in the soles. But I kept the pair to the bitter end. Because they were so comfortable. Occasionally, I get blisters. Some shoes just aren't perfect fits. Or they need a little breaking in. Just before Christmas, I bought four pairs of identical walking shoes. I've had good luck with 'em in the past. So I splurged while the shoes were on sale. Some years ago, when I was pushing my wife Jeanne in a wheelchair, a stranger asked me what size of shoe I was wearing. I told him 10 1/2. Seemed like an odd question. The next day he presented me with a new pair of shoes. Told me the ones I had on looked too worn. --Jim Broede

1 comment:

Broede's Broodings said...

The stranger identified himself as a doctor. Never asked. But maybe he was a foot doctor. --Jim