Friday, January 22, 2010

In my mellow way.

I think I'm a mellow fellow. Laid back. Easy going. Oh, I can get aroused. Stirred up. To make a point. But in the end, I don't lose sleep if I don't get my own way. I take it matter-of-factly. And say, 'Oh, well. No big deal.' I'm satisfied if I say what's on my mind. If I want to call a Republican a nitwit, I do it. Doesn't mean I'm angry with him. I just happen to think he's a nitwit. And that settles it. And I go about the rest of my daily business. In a mellow way. Generally, I follow the rules of courtesy and politeness. But not necessarily with discourteous and impolite people. I like to return tit for tat. If some guy punched me in the stomach, I'd probably give him a hard knee to the groin. And leave it at that. And walk away in a mellow mood. But for the most part, I'd avoid a physical confrontation. I much prefer a verbal fight. Because that's fun. Anyway, I'm not a very good boxer or wrestler. But hey, I can run. Pretty good. I'm able to flee if the going gets tough. I'd rather be a bit winded than beat up and bruised. I haven't got the world's most handsome face. So I better protect what I've got. Don't want it to be any worse. Anyway, I'm having fun. Just living. Seems that no matter what I do, it feels like fun. Like I could enjoy living forever. In my mellow way. --Jim Broede

1 comment:

Broede's Broodings said...

I don't fear the snob ladies. Even the ones that threaten me. Because they're generally rather fat. And I can easily scamper away. No way could they catch me. --Jim